NO-BAKE GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN PIE
If you love pumpkin pie but abide by a gluten-free diet, this dish is your answer to that craving for delicious fall fare.
Courtesy of Chef Justin Swain
DIRECTIONS FOR: NO-BAKE GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN PIE
2 ¼ cup raw hazelnuts, ground
¾ cup cocoa powder
½ cup coconut oil
9 dates, stoned
1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
5 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp molasses
2 ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
1. Place hazelnuts and cocoa powder in a large bowl and mix well, breaking up any lumps.
2. Add coconut oil to powder mixture and mix well.
3. Place dates in a small bowl and mash with a fork.
4. Add dates to dough-like mixture and combine well with hands.
5. Place crust into 9-inch round pie pan. Place crust in refrigerator while making filling.
1. Beat cream cheese and butter in the bowl of an electric stand mixer until smooth and creamy. Both fats should be well softened to ensure the filling is lump free.
2. Add the powdered sugar to the mixture and beat until smooth and fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla extract, molasses, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin puree and beat until thoroughly combined. If you find that your filling is lumpy, pass it through a fine mesh strainer into a bowl.
4. Spoon the filling into the pie shell. Let pie chill in the fridge overnight (very important that it chills overnight or it won’t set up).